Thread: Chiefs WTF is with the defense?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 10:55 AM   #406
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
At the end of the day if you told us we would be 9-1 with the defense only giving up 40 points once and being in the top ten in avg points allowed we would all be happy with that result.

The Faiders have structured their team to be a bad matchup for us. We will make adjustments to counter that. Andy's priority is always winning the division first. The Faiders have played well on offense, but they have not done anything defensively to really stop us. Their only hope is to win a shootout.

Scoring is up this year--you can name your reason (no training camp, less practice, COVID, etc.)---there is no elite defense in the league this year--and I think that bodes well for us.
I agree that we would have signed up for the defensive stats and the record of 9-1 before the season.

But, as far as elite defenses, while there are no historically elite defenses, compared to the rest of the league, there are several that are pretty damn good.

The Rams, Colts, Bucs, and Saints are all very good defenses.

And the Steelers are currently the number one scoring defense, giving up a little over 17 points per game. However, they really haven't played a lot of really good offenses.

Remove the two games against the Raiders, and the Chiefs are giving up about 17.5 points per game to everyone else.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote