Thread: Chiefs WTF is with the defense?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 12:35 PM   #369
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Pretty sure anyone saying Chris Jones is playing like shit or sucks can go get ****ed by their before last night Chris Jones had 27 QB pressures in 9 games. That equals his total for 13 games last season. In the first half of the game last night I saw Jones with at least 2 pressures and haven't watched the condensed 2nd half. Chris Jones is getting double teamed a ton, especially on run plays. That should allow our LBs to make some plays on runs, but they rarely are.

The run D has been a problem since DJ left and you guys want to blame the DL. The shitty LB core is the main reason for the shitty run D. The only guy consistently playing well at LB is Gay. He made several really nice plays.

Sure the pass rush wasn't getting it done, but Carr was making a lot of quick throws. Hell he's only been sacked 14 times in 10 games. I didn't think he'd do it, but it seems he's returning to his pre injury trajectory and is having the best season of his career so far.
Run defense actually last night was probably the only thing they excelled at but I do agree it's been our weak point in the defense for the last couple of years.

I said this in the other thread but I'm willing to concede that the Raiders offense is a bad matchup for the Chiefs defense since their o-line seemingly handles the Chiefs pass rush with ease. Not writing the defense off yet though, lets see how they play against Tampa Bay and some of the opponents down the stretch.

Might just be the ebbs and flow of the season, they had great performances against the Texans, Ravens, and Bills early in the season but have let a lot to be desired during the middle innings so to speak. Need them to rally for the stretch + playoffs.
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.