View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 05:48 AM   #196
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I got back into the gym for the first time since March. Christ almighty I'm a piece of shit.

Anyway, LEW - you doing any percussive therapy? I see it advertised a lot, but have no idea of the actual science.

I've been having some trouble with getting really stiff muscles if I sit on on the tractor very long. Stretching doesn't seem to do much in the moment. I'm trying to get in a routine of stretching every night (with the aforementioned gym that is beating my ass like a drum). Would percussive therapy help?
Have you tried foam rolling?

I think percussive therapy could be beneficial for some. Seems the guns are pretty cheap on Amazon so worth a shot.

Honestly, it's all trial and error. I have hip bursitis issues for years and years. I used to foam roll and stretch after every workout hoping it would help. In actuality, it didn't and I think actually made things worse at time (more compounding friction). I don't do either much anymore and found that as long as a warm up really well, my hip issues are actually better than when I had an extensive stretch/foam roll routine.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.