Thread: Movies and TV Do you enjoy going to the movies?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 03:08 PM   #9
My work speaks for itself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
My answer is No.

I much prefer watching movies at home on the 75" 4K TV with surround in my family room, mainly because it's a more immersive way for me to get into the movie.

All too often, there are people on their cell phones, which is majorly distracting, along with people bustling in and out of the theater to get concessions or to use the restroom and so on. The worst are those that just can't keep their mouths shut during the movie or constantly kick the back of my seat with their foot.

Plus, as I've mentioned several times before, $18 dollars per ticket, $4 dollars for parking and outrageous concessions have soured me on the movie going experience because it's just absolutely ridiculous to pay $60 dollars before concessions to take my kids to see an animated film that will be out on Digital (or Disney+) within 12 weeks or less.
Agreed - I've put together a pretty nice home theater room with good equipment, sound, etc.

That said, there is still something different about seeing a film in a huge theater with great sound, etc. (and no phones, talking, etc.).

It's funny though, the IMAX theaters of today still pale in comparison (at least to me) to Glenwood theater 1.

I saw a special screening of Empire Strikes Back at the Midland Theater (1980?) and I remember the opening sequences with the star destroyers, etc. blowing my mind.

Of course, I was a bit younger then.....but still, I'm underwhelmed at what theaters call "large" or "Imax" these days.
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.