View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 12:32 PM   #664
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
I will say penalties are a factor in every game. The Raiders had 8 penalties for 59 yards and the Chiefs had 10-94. I wouldn't really call that one sided. The play in the picture could probably not be a TD as well.
It’s not about the penalties and the yardage. It’s about literally taking points off the board with ticky tack penalties then letting the Raiders get away with blatant PI on what would’ve been a huge play. That’s why it was ridiculously one-sided and had a bigger impact than officiating should ever have on the outcome (score) of a game.

Those penalty/yardage #’s don’t take into account the fact that the Chiefs lost a 50 yard TD, another TD that led to a FG instead, and another 40-50 yard play that would’ve set them up for another TD.

The “play in the picture” would’ve put the Chiefs inside the 10 with a chance to score a TD. I wasn’t implying it would’ve been automatic, but it’s more likely than not that it took 7 off the board.

So again, it’s not about yardage, it’s about points. I’m not putting all of the blame on the refs, or saying it’s a conspiracy theory. The Chiefs still could’ve won the game. But how anybody can deny that the officiating was one-sided and had too much of an impact on the game is beyond me.

Last edited by staylor26; 10-15-2020 at 12:40 PM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.