View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 02:23 PM   #423
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
His athleticism allowed him to take some bad steps and still get around the block to make the play.
I don't think he took bad steps there at all.

Neither the OL or the RB had committed and just as an OL can change an angle to set up a block, a LBer can/will often do the same to set up his attack angle. I think he was reading the OL and waiting for the G to commit. The moment he did, Gay was able to bounce around him.

If he comes straight downhill or even simply holds his spot, the G can drive the action to him and now the RB can play off the guard's shoulder with the G having the angle advantage.

I mean maybe he got lucky - but that's also very much what he could've been taught to do or simply did on instinct.

I don't think there's a way to state it categorically either way.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote