View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 02:58 PM   #496
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
Overall TV viewership is down pretty universally, but even that said, I expect the ratings to get worse. It's going to be the Lakers beating up on the corpse of the injured Miami Heat for 4 games. I'm a fan and I'm not even probably going to watch it religiously. Especially with the baseball playoffs on. I'm not sure how many other recent championship series in any sport looked so lopsided.

Plus the average casual sports fan probably couldn't name 2 Miami Heat players, and plenty probably don't even know who Jimmy Butler is.
I had the game on last night but barely paid any attention because the Lakers were up early. By the time I finally had a chance to call it an evening around 8pm, the Lakers were up by 20 something, so I didn't even bother watching the last 8 minutes or so.

Hell, I live in Los Angeles and have always rooted for the Lakers in the past but for whatever reason, I'm just not excited about NBA basketball right now, especially during football season and now, the new MLB playoff format.

Also, this team doesn't really feel like the Lakers because there's so little homegrown talent. I mean, LeBron and AD are phenomenal players but it's just not the same as watching a Kobe led team or Showtime of the 80's.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.