View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 03:47 PM   #26
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
They have not understood what makes Trek Trek for a long time. How did they miss their 50th anniversary?
Because Viacom/Paramount was run by an insane tyrant in Sumner Redstone, who cared about nothing and no one other than his yearly bonuses. I'll never forget the day that I had to "lay off" (fire, actually) two of my employees while Redstone bragged about his $80 million dollar bonus. I was enraged but couldn't say a word because that's just how it's always been run.

I'll also never forget the day Redstone fired one of their best creatives in Tom McGrath, the guy that led Viacom through the Paramount acquisition and produced such classic movies as The Princess Bride and Stand By Me (among others) because he didn't bid enough money in order to acquire Myspace.

Myspace!!!

Now that Redstone is dead, and CBS/Paramount/Viacom have completely re-merged, it's possible that they'll finally have leadership that understands the importance of their IP, although I wouldn't expect that to happen anytime soon.

They've failed repeatedly with Star Trek, completely botched Jack Ryan (which was well done by Amazon but Paramount could never seem to make it work with consecutive movies and all of their Jack Ryan's over the years), botched the Transformers series and so on.

It's a gigantic entertainment company that's run like a Mom & Pop shop. I can't even begin to list the number of gaffes that company made during my 10 year tenure, let alone, the number of gaffes made since I left in 2004.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.