View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 12:29 AM   #44857
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
There's also anecdotal stories of people with lung cancer and COPD having it and surviving.

Anecdotes are just that, anecdotes.

There's actual statistical data available that suggest the suicide rate is up anywhere from 20-30% this year over last year.

You don't want people to downplay the seriousness of the virus itself. Don't downplay the seriousness of the fallout of measures taken to reduce its spread either.

It's not either/or.
Now do the suicide rate of teenagers and college kids - which is what I was responding to. Provide a link please.

Or even provide a link that suicide rates are up significantly since Feb. I've been googling a ton and all I find is speculation and stuff about suicidal ideation and how to get help.

This suicide stuff has been a big talking point of the people who claim we can't look at excess deaths as any kind of metric (because of supposed massive amounts of quarantine suicide). I'm not buying it.

Last edited by suzzer99; 09-27-2020 at 12:43 AM..
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.