View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 04:44 PM   #206
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I still can't figure out what's going on with him at linebacker. Is it that the Chiefs and this defense just don't put an emphasis (i.e., draft value) at the linebacker position in this scheme or that they just haven't felt the need to make it priority?

In a way, their indifference to spending high draft picks and big time free agent money at linebacker is similar to the way they've prioritized offensive lineman. They've spent big bucks on Schwartz and on Hitchens, although I should add that Andy knows the exact skillset he wants from his big guys, and can basically grab soon-to-be effective players anywhere, including late in the draft or as UDFA's.

But the linebacker thing is somewhat of a mystery.
Which would be so odd as Spags will tell anyone that listens that the 2 hardest roles on his defenses are DE and LB.

In terms of read keys and positioning, his defense flows from those 2 spots. He hammers on how critical they are in this scheme.

I wonder if they'll spend money but not draft capital on the spots because he wants to see how guys thing through the game at THIS level before he'll trust them.

Or maybe he's just working with what he has and the Chiefs see too much sunk cost in Hitchens.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.