View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 01:41 PM   #15
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire View Post
I could have sworn he said the DB did what he could and it’s not really on him but I guess I wasn’t paying enough attention
That 4 vert set is designed to create 2-on-1 situations, as he described. As soon as the underneath WR got behind the zone, Fenton bit up leaving that back 3rd open.

Unfortunately, it was really a no-win situation. If Fenton stayed back, the slot WR probably could have scored (Niemann might have been able to make a play on that pass bu who knows).

The problem with zone defense is you have to do your job and trust the other guys to do theirs. Fenton in this instance tried to cover for someone else and left his zone vacant, so he takes the blame.

Like I said, they might have scored anyway but then it's on someone other than Fenton.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote