Thread: Food and Drink Need recommendations on Fish
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 12:17 PM   #38
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
This stuff makes me wonder.
I like Tuna and it does not seem all that fishy smelling to me at least in the store. In the store the Tilapia seems to be one of the smelliest. Maybe it is the the "section" that I am noticing.
Tilapia has a bit more oil in it than tuna, IIRC, which is where the fish smell comes from.

Part of it may also be the quality of the fish. Fresh fish doesn't tend to be fishy smelling, in general. But bacteria grows on fish very quickly and its waste products create that strong fishy smell. Some of this can be rectified by simply squeezing some citrus on the fish, which effectively washes off the bacteria and its waste. Rinsing in a salt solution will do the same. Living here in AZ with limited access to truly fresh fish has made rinsing any store-bought fish in a little salt solution with a couple lemons squeezed in there a habit at this point. After the fish takes a 5 minute bath, I rinse in ice-cold water for a few seconds and prepare normally.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.