View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 11:08 AM   #366
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Dude - you really think losing a Lakers/Celtics series OR a series vs. the Heat wouldn't carry a disproportionate amount of weight on his historical resume?

I get it - guys like him are always playing to a different standard, but this sure seems like something where a loss would mean a hell of a lot more than losing to a stacked Warriors squad or even that Maverick's series that has largely been lost to history.

I think you're whistling past the graveyard a bit if you don't believe the stakes are a tick higher here.
Every loss gets shit on endlessly until he wins again. That's just the nature of the beast when you are LeBron James. He's learned to bear that weight and he's been doing it for almost 15 years now.

A loss to the Celtics (who are quite good actually and remind me a bit of the young Thunder team a decade ago that LeBron also beat) would most certainly not be good, but assuming he plays well, it would hardly be on Mavericks level (one of the few playoff series in his career where LeBron wasn't very good at all).
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.