View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 03:41 PM   #429
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah, that was one of the more virulent outbursts on a pick that was otherwise pretty well received I've seen in a bit.

I think he did what all of us draft nerds do on occasion - he went over the top in his criticism of the pick not because of who was picked specifically, but because of who WASN'T picked.

My memory is that he really liked Logan Wilson and thought he should've been the guy. I understand his affinity for Wilson but I really think you're trading a lot of ceiling for floor in that exchange. Wilson's maybe a safer bet with a shallower learning curve, but I don't think he has nearly Gay's ceiling and 3-down potential.

I did it with the Poe pick years ago - I really liked DeCastro and Brockers so I hated the Poe pick. As violently as any pick the Chiefs have made in 20 years. And it was to the point where I didn't even necessarily analyze the player much - I just hated who he wasn't (with bonus points for the fact that Fat Scott made it and I was firmly in the '**** fat scott' camp).

Otherwise I don't understand how one can be so loudly anti-Willie Gay. That's a whole shitload of talent in the late 2nd. Even if the pick doesn't work out, the reasons for making it are just incredibly clear.
I was 100% sure that we would be drafting Poe and I was 100% pissed by it. I didn't want him. I was just absolutely sure he was gonna be a bust. I told my brother in law "Were gonna pick Poe and when we do this remote is going through the TV screen", I didnt do it, but god damn I was pissed. I was completely wrong about him too.

I do not understand how anyone can be so completely against Gay though. He was our 2nd round pick, filled a position of need, and has extreme potential.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.