Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 03:02 PM   #3471
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmax63 View Post
For Missouri hunting and looking at less recoil it would be really hard to find anything outperforming a 243 or a 260. As said earlier it's hard to shoot farther than 200 yards there. Come out to CO or Montana and you want something flatter. I carry a 264 win mag. It'll shoot farther than I can. As I have gotten older I've discovered that recoil isn't that enjoyable to me and my days of a 300 Weatherby are gone and if I need a bigger bullet my 325 short mag or 35 Whelen are up to the task. Right tool for the right job.
When I was younger and not yet married Xmas bonus always meant a trip to John Walls General Store in Blairstown Mo. I would buy the yearly special release caliber Remington 700 Classic. Some I have sold off now but I have kept my 700 classics in 280 rem 300 Weatherby 35 Whelen. That 300 Weatherby is a shouldered cannon it will kick the piss out of you if you don't lock in good. The 35 Whelan is a great Missouri brush gun for whitetails or even out west for Elk in the aspen and pines.

I miss John Wall his gunshop went to hell after he died. The guy didn't keep good inventory it was all in his head what he had and what wood was on the stock and if it was good grain on the walnut. that was 2 floors of boxes upon boxs of rifles and shotguns. It was hard to beat a deal by John Wall and if you had a trade he would treat you fair.

Last edited by srvy; 09-14-2020 at 03:16 PM..
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.