View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 10:42 AM   #162
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Buehler is spot on again. I think home schooling is a terrible idea. I’ve never met a successful person who was home schooled and most are just weird as ****. The social aspect of any school is VERY important for adulthood success.
You've just had limited exposure to homeschooling, I can assure you that.

We homeschooled, my oldest daughter graduated top of her class, several full ride offers, all while she worked full time, paid off a brand new car with no help from mom and dad.

She did volunteer work and still found time for friends - she had more people at her graduation than almost all of her pub school friends.

The stereotype you harbor of homeschooling is very, well "1990". It's MUCH more common now - in fact, areligious homeschooling (which is what we did) outnumbers religious homeschooling in many areas of the country.

Our homeschooling group here wields enough power that we openly draw attacks from the school district. We're cutting into their funding. We've essentially built a social network that completely replaces classroom interaction, while giving kids a higher quality education in 1/3 the amount of time.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote