Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 09:11 AM   #3346
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
My Kimber is 9 years old now and I either got lucky with it or got it right before the company changes (I’m a little fuzzy on that actual time line, I haven’t been able to put any kind of date to it yet) that have caused so many complaints. Interesting side note on that, the guy who came into Kimber and started ****ing things up (name escapes me at the moment) moved on to Sig and there are now some Kimber type rumblings starting to occur in the Sig world. Anyway, I’ve been seeing fewer complaints as of late in regards to Kimber. But I’d actually recommend a different direction, especially for a first time 1911 purchase.

Randall brought up his love of Springfield and in some of the reading and researching I was doing - I had a fair amount of free time on my hands recently - SA kept being mentioned. In fact, if I remember correctly, it was a forum discussion about purchasing a SA 1911 vs a Sig 1911 where a gunsmith was singing the praises of the current crop of SA 1911s as not only having the fewest out of the box issues of any of the mainline makers but, the numbers were even lower than what he would consider typical for the model.

Combine that with their number of options ranging [from what used to be] affordable to higher end builds and that is where I’d tell someone to look first.

Indeed. My first SA was an M1A - have had it for years, a beautiful piece. I remember years ago SA was under a lot of scrutiny for their "political stance" that they took on an issue or two. They changed that "stance" quickly....

My very first 1911 was a Colt - had it in Viet Nam. That particular pistol now resides on the wall of my study in a place of honor. I haven't actually fired her in well over 10 years. However, she saved my life on more than one occasion. Please don't ask how I was able to keep her after I returned to "the world". Back then - funny things just "happened".....

I will, however, state this: my first love is the 1911 - but I am still a Sig man. Sig Sauer and Springfield Armory guy. That having been said, I understand that SA is having something of a problem with their Hellcat (trigger)...so no company is without "fault"..
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.