Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 01:09 PM   #3332
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Thanks man. And thanks everyone for the input. I think I need an AR and an AK. When I find one from a solid manufacturer I’m going to add an AK.

Here's a pro tip for you. If you get an AR, DO NOT buy steel case rounds for it, like wolf, Tula, etc. AR's don't like steel and you will end up with a lot of jams, it will also cause premature wear and can raise hell with the components. Stick to brass or nickle. It may be tempting to buy the steel because it's cheaper, but DO NOT, you will regret it.

If you buy an AK, it doesn't matter, anything will cycle through those things.

On a side note, the price of ammo has gone through the fricken roof out there. If you can find it at all, in most cases, it has at a minimum, doubled, in most cases tripled or more. Here is one example and it's for garbage, sure to jam your AR steel. https://www.bulkammo.com/1000-rounds...-wolf-55gr-fmj

I was in Cabela's a few minutes ago getting some fishing stuff and out of curiosity, wondered over to the ammo section. Their entire ammo section was cleaned out with the exception of some exotic rifle rounds and some 12 gauge. The best way I can think to describe it is, it looked like the grocery store toilet paper section after the rona first started.

I have sources where you can still get it (AK and AR) but you are going to take a beating in the wallet if you need it.

Last edited by Bwana; 09-01-2020 at 01:46 PM..
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote