View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 06:47 AM   #1579
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Where did I rip Mondesi to shreds? I like Mondesi, but hes just been absolute trash this year. Who cares if Witt hasn't played above rookie ball? Hes supposed to be a prodigy and those types of players can play extremely well at a young age. Look at Ronald Acuna Jr. L, Fernando Tatis Jr, or hell even Vlad Jr. They all played well - MVP like at 20 years old.

Those guys all were international signees who started playing pro ball at 16. They dominated at AA and AAA.

Some players are ready, some aren’t. But rushing a guy who hasn’t played above rookie ball (and the weird summer camp/extended ST) is a great way to break their developmental curve.

I think they’ll start Witt aggressively next year (High A or AA) and have him up potentially by midseason or even September.

But one of the reasons Mondesi is struggling so much is that the Royals rushed his development and called him up too soon. Let’s not do that again...
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.