View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 11:59 AM   #4964
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
You mean like the Mustang, Camaro and Challenger?
They're okay, but not top-tier sports coupes. Don't get me wrong, I love Mustangs and Camaros, have for over 35 years. The first car that I bought with my own money was a Camaro, and I've owned a Mustang as well.

But while they go fast in a straight line, none of them turn all that well, mostly due to how much they weigh which is to say two tons (IMO). They all have great styling, but the interior fit and trim levels aren't that great either.

The handling in the Mustang I test-drove just last year was improved over what I drove a few years ago, so I like to think Ford has the Mustang headed in the right direction, but it's not agile or athletic. Not compared to a 4-series BMW or a Porsche Cayman. Compared to those coupes, the Mustang feels like it's half-baked; they should've fixed it up a bit more before sending it out the door.

And the interior for close to $50,000 . . . well, it's just ridiculous. It was acceptable in my Camaro circa 1986, when I paid $13,000, but not in a car that price-wise is competing with BMWs, Audis, and C-class Mercs. It looks cheap inside, and honestly I'd have a hard time convincing myself a Mustang or Camaro is really worth the money just looking at the interior.

Oh, sure the Mustang, and likewise probably the Camaro and the Challenger will blow the doors off those German coupes in a drag race to the eighth mile, but so what? I want a sports a coupe that turns really well almost more than I want a lot of power, because it's more likely that I can use that around where I live than the top speed of the thing. And I want it to look good both inside and out.

So these American offerings cover about half those bases or so. Wonder how old I'll be by the time they actually get it right.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.