View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 09:19 PM   #5909
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
There is going to be a crop assessment starting today in the Iowa, Illinois and Indiana areas that are affected. 100 mph winds may or may not ruin a crop. If it's just laying over it's fine, if corn is broken at the stalk you'll only be able to salvage a small percentage. There's an assumption that most of these farmers have crop insurance... insurance for out buildings, too.
I’ve seen a lot of pictures on agtalk. There is real damage on even shit that’s still standing.

Broke is ****ed. Laying over is only moderately less ****ed. If the ear is sitting on dirt it will rot right now. If it tries to fill it’s got half the leaf tissue to make starch. Then harvestability becomes a pretty big issue. Big thing is the leaves have been stripped off of virtually every picture I’ve seen. That’s bad news. Also saw a bunch of pictures of damaged ears. I assume hail.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.