View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 12:34 PM   #42489
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
There's a ton of research about childhood development and how you can never really get years back - especially for younger kids. There are super strong correlations between kids who are behind in reading skills by grade 3, for example, and long-term academic and financial performance.

It's a little weaker for high-school kids, but at best we're gonna have a generation of kids who got a shitty high school education, which is foundational to higher-education enrollment and performance. (Not sure about studies with regard to non-academic paths beyond high school.) And I'm sure people around here can remember the strong social experiences they had in high school which are now being damaged.
I am sure some kids had horrible HS experiences , but a year of adversity isn’t the worse thing for the bubble wrap generation, coping skills / self motivated learning a little taste of the real world , but maybe that’s just me , my kids have it pretty easy .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote