View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 10:22 AM   #42460
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
This article speaks to the heart of what has been bugging me for a long time since this pandemic hit, which is what was the scientific community doing during these non-pandemic years? I know that science is hard. I know that research needs funding. However, so much of what we have been wrestling with beyond the unique characteristics of the virus itself should have been further down the road then they are. Why don't have a better understanding of immune system responses to classes of viruses? Why did it take so long to understand the role T-Cells play in the immune system response? Why was the need (if there is) for mask usage already strongly settled science? Why are they relying so heavily on a virus test that can't even tell if the virus is active and hence infectious? I can go on, but I think while the media has spent an overwhelming majority of its time blaming the government for its handling of the pandemic, it seems like the readiness of the scientific community for a pandemic has been given a huge pass IMO. We should not be 5-6 months into a pandemic and trying to figure out issues that do not specifically relate to the virus itself. Maybe I am just ignorant on this front, but that has been my irritation for quite a while.
kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.