View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 01:09 PM   #103
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers View Post
My kid told me to get an ampifi so we did. Its a 4" cube and came with wifi extenders (I think they were called HD meshpoint something or other). It does its own updates. He gets over 100mbps down and 30 plus on up. I guess its the "thing" to get for gaming. His room is a pretty far away from the cube but the extenders seem to work pretty well. He plugged it into the Ethernet port on the hardwired xfinity router. With the extenders I can use my laptop on the patio in the back yard. I think I paid around $400.00 for the amplifi set up.
Mesh networking is all about coverage. In many cases, the radios in the pucks are inferior in range to standalone router with external antennas but because you can add access points into the mesh wherever you need them, you improve performance because you’re closer to the signal. Strong signal is always better than extreme range. I have an ASUS AX router and since our house is a ranch, it covers everything I need. When/if I move I will be going with a mesh setup. It’s just superior.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.