View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 09:34 PM   #41828
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
I understand this thing is deadly. I understand there are certain members of society who are at more risk than others.

That said, the whole 2-3 years of social distancing thing doesn't seem realistic to me.

The past few months have felt like years. I don't know that society is willing to say "alright, I'll forego 2-3 years of my life so that we can fully get this thing under control."

I just simply don't see it. You can disagree if you want, but I don't. I have colleagues in our Berlin office who say that Berlin is essentially back to life as usual. No masks, no distancing, etc.

We'll get this thing under control at some point. And I don't think it'll be 2-3 years.
Society wouldn't have to forego 2 to 3 years of life if society would have taken it as seriously as Germany. Berlin is back to mostly normal because among other things they did social distancing.

I think the odds are good for a decent vaccine within the next six months.

Without a vaccine, there will still be people distancing 2 to 3 years from now and it will still be having a negative effect on the economy.

Cheap, fast, and widely available tests would also be a game changer. I expect that sooner than two to three years.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.