View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 11:41 AM   #24
You don't faze me, Gobble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I guess I’m not sure why people think the Monarchs would be accepted by the cultural appropriation/cancel culture crowd that would be the one demanding a change in the first place given its history as a black baseball team name in this city.
Honoring a Negro Leagues team by adopting their non-racist name of Monarchs is not cultural appropriation. If you called them the Kansas City Darkies and had fans in the stadium wearing blackface while drunkenly singing negro spirituals in between downs, that would be cultural appropriation.
Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.