View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 05:09 PM   #28300
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I readily admit that I'm not a huge draft guy, and I barely knew the name Mahomes prior to our pick. But when I got the alert on my phone that told me the Chiefs had traded up through half of the first round to grab a QB, you bet your ass I was excited. When Andy Reid gets that excited about a QB, you sit up and pay attention.
I think PugsnotDrugs(?) had posted a thread saying he had a friend who was privy to the fact that the Chiefs were HUGE on Mahomes and McCaffrey. The focus on Mahomes was so specific that I paid attention to that thread more than I had with draft speculation in the past. I still thought it was BS (sorry Pugs), but the moment the Chiefs traded up I knew who they were picking (the Denver hosts were gobsmacked by the trade. They had no idea who the Chiefs were targeting. One asked why they would replace a Top 10 QB in Alex Smith with someone who had his same skillet - Watson). The other host, however, said, "I don't think Andy wants another Smith, I think he wants his Brett Favre". That host was right. I remember soaking in their shock of it all - because it finally felt like we were in the game.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 07-29-2020 at 11:51 AM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote