Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 12:05 PM   #612
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
No offense to anyone in this thread but I wholeheartedly agree.

[B]People have said these things about the latest Star Wars trilogy and I guess I'm too dumb to recognize it because all I saw was blown potential. I didn't see any agenda or any of the SJW stuff that other people have described seeing.

Same goes for the Marvel films. With Captain Marvel, all I saw was a movie that fell far short of my expectations. It was an average script at best, a poor choice for the lead role and a superhero that had so much power that she was boring (yet couldn't kill Thanos so like, what's the point of her character?). But I saw posts on CP claiming that it was an "SJW" movie. I've watched a few times since seeing it in theaters and still don't get it.[B]

I put Captain Marvel below the Joss Whedon directed Avengers films, for no other reason than the movie was basically unnecessary and almost worthless, which is pretty much how I see the original Avengers and Ultron - two failed concepts by the same director (I didn't like Justice League, either) and movies that just don't work for me.

While not feminist specific, the entire Canto Bight sub-plot was pure SJW pandering/messaging.

The issue with Captain Marvel wasn’t the film itself so much as it was Larson attaching a SJW “vibe” to it off screen. She keeps quiet and you don’t see or hear much of anything about the film in that regard.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.