View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 08:39 PM   #246
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
#21 through 25. See the picture for scoring.

23 – Bay St. Louis (MS) – I’ve never been here, but a longtime friend of mine lives here and I thought it was kind of interesting. It’s on the Gulf Coast about an hour’s drive east of N’awlin’s. It actually stacks up very well. It’s very affordable, and the winters seem pretty darn nice. The summers are similar to Denver and notably more humid, as one might expect. The town leans heavily right politically for however you value that. I can’t say that I’m wowed by the architecture there, but there’s a good selection of houses that would work for me. I really wasn’t expecting much out of this place, so it surprised me positively.

And by the way, what’s the deal with the big open space in that sample house? It looks like it’s a small auto showroom or something. I first thought it was a patio, but it appears to be indoor space.
If you read the description, that open space doesn't appear to be counted in the air conditioned space. Kind of a weird space with limited utility/value.

I've been casually thinking about retirement locations the last few years. The trade offs are really challenging. Even though my priorities are different than yours, I still am hoping your top 20 will reveal some hidden gem I had not previously considered.

My key trade offs are:
Beach front vs walkable community with culture. I really don't want to have tons of time on my hands being isolated in suburbia or a rural area.
Cool location (beach front or walkable/culture) vs. Living space. My wife has an art studio now, but wants to expand rather than contract it in the future. Can't really afford to have a large living space in a cool location.

I'm more willing to put up with miserable summers than any kind of winter whatsoever. I an either find shade and not move or go inside and soak up the AC.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.