View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 07:59 PM   #4164
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I'm still kind of amazed how calm I was throughout the entire game; I actually posted something to that effect late in the game. I never yelled or screamed or threw anything; never posted any doom or gloom even after Pat's second pick. I've gotten more worked up over hundreds of regular season and playoff games in the past. Hell, I didn't even get all that emotional after it was over. It was frankly kind of anti-climactic from how I always envisioned it. I think knowing we were finally the team with the best QB and that he could come back from any deficit in the blink of an eye did it. Also, I had no strong feelings about San Francisco, so unlike a game against Denver, Pittsburgh or New England there was no hate factor involved.
Y'know, the weird thing is that I was exactly the same way. I simply watched the game and I enjoyed it. When Damien broke left to clench the win, my wife and I hugged and I grinned really big, but that was it. I figured I'd start bawling or something as fifty years of waiting unleashed itself. But no. I just grinned.

Oddly, I actually feel more emotion about it afterwards. If I think about the big plays in the playoffs and the Super Bowl, I'll actually tear up sometimes four months later.

I never thought it would be like that. Maybe it's like Disneyland for the first time, or taking a big trip. When it's happening you're focused on enjoying it in the moment, and then later you really start appreciating what it was.

I'll tell you this, though. For the rest of my life I'm going to remember flying off that hotel room bed onto my feet and yelling when that kickoff fumble flew out into Darwin's hands against the Texans.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote