Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 06:32 PM   #591
MFIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowener View Post
I disagree, but it is just my opinion. For films, we are right in their demographic of people that will spend $15-$20 a ticket. Feige might over saturate the box office with content, but at the very least he will create an average story with great production value. At best he will create a shared cultural experience that will span a decade and culminate with a great finale. Marvel films were enjoyable for all age groups and there is no reason SW can't be handled the same way. If you put solid writers and directors on these projects they will come out superior to the last 3 films without a doubt.

SW television may be a different thing. They have a show for adults, and soon to be several more. They will undoubteldy have shows for tweens too. There is too much money to be made, and too many possible stories to tell to exclude anyone from the shared universe. They aren't going to leave money on the table.
I've found the Marvel products to be drivel.
Rehashed bullshit about Obi Wan and/or Lando would be much, much worse.

Deep down inside, I see the handling of SW, by Disney, as an injustice. But, I've moved on. Kids are stupid so they might buy whatever half-ass crap Disney decides to invest in.

Last edited by Gadzooks; 07-23-2020 at 06:39 PM..
Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.