View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 02:47 PM   #917
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I don't think they're rushing Singer, I think they're just trying to keep him throwing and developing.

They've been working on the change up for a few years now and it just hasn't come along. I don't think it is going to come along.

He's going to need to find something to use against LH to hit that #3 starter upside. I still think a splitter/cutter (or maybe both) is the answer. He has the frame and enormous hands (apparently) so he might be able to do either. I ust don't think he's picking up the change they're trying to teach him (KC has traditionally been a very heavy circle change team in the past).

I think Kowar ends up as a closer. His FB-CH combo is really good (and his FB velocity could ramp into upper 90s easily in one-inning stints) but the curveball just isn't consistent. I watched him yesterday and that thing was not good. I'm growing skeptical he's going to find the feel for it... which is fine (as long as not all of them turn into back-end bullpen guys).
The problem with that is they already have a couple of other guys that are likely destined to be relievers in Evan Steele and the Hernandez kid because they are so old for their levels with high end fastballs....we start getting to the point of um who are the starters?
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.