View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 09:29 AM   #10
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
It's apples and oranges.

Big, long, tall guys don't play the same as smaller, compact guys.

You might prefer the look of one over the other; and might prefer the benefits of one over the other, but the value of one over the other lies in the offensive system.

To try to compare them outside of context is silly.

With Mahomes, in this system, Tyreek is the best possible WR to have. His skillset matches perfectly.

A Julio Jones type WR in a different system, with a different QB might be a better fit.

I think elite speed transfers about anywhere though.
Exactly.

With this system and this quarterback, there's not a guy in the league I'd rather have than Hill. He's an absolutely perfect fit. Apart from Calvin Johnson or Randy Moss, I'm just not sure you could draw up a better guy. Jerry Rice, I guess.

But if I'm a team that relies more on ball control, I'm taking Julio 100 times out of 100. Or even Hopkins, who again, I'm not in love with. But put Hopkins in Baltimore and he'd be far more effective for them than Hill would be.

And honestly, on MOST teams, Hopkins or Julio would probably be more effective than Hill. Because on most teams, Hill would be a supercharged Julien Edelman. Because few teams have a QB that can put his stop/start ability and top-end speed to its full use. And those that do have a guy with that kind of arm also have a guy who's accuracy comes and goes and who needs a bigger catch radius (think Josh Allen).

So in that regard I understand why some wouldn't have Hill ranked as highly. He's simply uniquely suited for this team.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.