View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 08:00 PM   #613
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
I'll be shocked if Gruden doesn't draft a QB next year. The missing piece on their offense is the QB, and IMO Carr is not the answer.

But I honestly thought he'd draft one this year and I was wrong, so maybe . . . I don't know. I still think Gruden is a solid HC. And Mayock ha what it takes to be a good GM. But if they stick with Carr after this year, and Carr doesn't just flat out 'WOW' everyone, I'll be completely confused about what they're thinking over there.
Coaches, especially the old school guys, will always like a guy like Carr.

It's the same reason Smith remained in demand.

If a coach can simply draw a play up and know that his QB is going to execute it if everyone else does, he's going to be confident enough in his own ability to believe he can outscheme his opponent.

Coaches love known quantities, especially guys that will just run the play as written and not throw wrinkles into their plans. A guy like Gruden, with his history and ego, is going to be more prone to that than anyone.

And if Gruden decides that this is the year to pick a quarterback - fantastic. I'm all-in on Gruden plowing resources into the position in what will likely be the most bizarre draft year in football history.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.