Thread: Misc Sleep apnea
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 12:09 AM   #158
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuchyGames View Post
I finally found a mask that worked for me (a nasal pillow) and it makes a huge difference. Plus, the wife is happier because I don't snore when I keep it on. So my main advice is to keep trying masks 'til you get one that works for you instead of just assuming that you can't sleep with a mask on.
The nasal pillows was the first one I tried. I didn't like it at all. 2 issues I had:
1. I could not get a good exhale, even with the pressure ramped down as far as they would set it.
2. The gush of air sound whenever I opened my mouth was very annoying and kept me up.

I liked the fighter pilot mask the best, but the problem I had with that one is the moist air tickles my nostril. I always had the urge to take the mask off to scratch. None of the attachments I've tried have I been able to fall asleep, even with sedatives. I finally gave up. VERY frustrating. I now sleep on my side to reduce some of my snoring. But, now I'm having heart spasms that may or may not be related to the sleep apnea.
Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote