View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 03:33 PM   #15299
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
I find premium store brands and heat them up and add some seasonings, My Moose(smoked Goast pepper mix) dust, and sometimes some drippings from a recent smoke.
I add pork/ beef/ chicken and root veggie stock cooked down the point that it sticks to a spoon without dripping after tasting. Some of this complex, silky, and spoonable delicacy is added to the store bought sauce.
Krogers PS "inspired" sauces are what I have been amping up with heat and complexity. Their coffee infused was the best base I have used so far and a IPA ale, vinagar/ mustard BBQ sauce cranks up a few notches when "Kicked Up" a bit.

And KC Masterpeice was great when made small batch under the Dr. Davis's control vs. the price per nana ounce crap made by Clorox who changed recipe and ingrediants to the trash it is now.
Yeah, that's also a good route.

Find something you like a tailor a bit to your specific tastes. I do that with hot sauces especially. It's hard to find a good hot sauce that adds heat without using habaneros and I just do not care for the flavor of habaneros at all. I grow ghost peppers and love the flavor of those, so I dry and grind them up. I'll simmer a little butter w/ garlic and ghost pepper flakes, then add that to a thicker hot sauce (Franks is fine) to make a nice hot sauce w/ a good fruity flavor from the ghost peppers and plenty of kick with a garlic finish.

Ultimately I don't dick with Night of the Living because I'm not sure what I'd do to improve it. It's just good stuff.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.