View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 08:37 PM   #360
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
Arrowheads are not derogatory. They are an implement used by many people, but in this case Native Americans, for hunting, and for war. Naming a stadium after them is not derogatory.

A horse named warpaint...fine, I guess.

The chop...sure, I guess that can be considered derogatory...not intended as such, but that's the world we now live in.

In today's climate though, all of it will have to go to appease the woke crowd. Because it's not about being derogatory, it's about creating a narrative to make things the way "they" want it.
The point I was attempting to make is that the name Chiefs isn't offensive in and of itself. Anyone that has an issue with it is being silly.

But, if the mascot Chiefs is accompanied by arrowheads, headdresses, a woman in a headdress riding a horse named Warpaint while the crowd is simulating scalping and decapitation, then it's a completely different ballgame.

Same with the Cleveland Indians. There's nothing wrong inherently with Indians as a mascot, unless you're making fun of Native Americans and using derogatory imagery.

As I mentioned in a related thread, no one would have issue with the name the Cleveland Indians if they changed their mascot to Ghandi or a similar image.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.