View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 12:53 PM   #76
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Where was the "reputable reporting" when it came to Mahomes contract?

There's been NO reporting on Chris Jones because there's been nothing to report, yet it doesn't stop you from constantly speculating.
There are so many head scratching ideas in this contradictory pair of sentences that it deserves it own post for dismantling.

Alright, so:

1a. The reporting on the contract situation surrounding Mahomes has no bearing on the contract situation surrounding Chris Jones.

1b. You seem to be implying there was no reputable reporting surrounding the Mahomes contract situation? NFLN reported the negotiations would begin after the draft (they did). The KC Star reported the talks had begun in earnest in May (they had). There was plenty of reporting, though none of it to my knowledge hit the incredible contract extension on the head. But, so it goes with highly sensitive negotiations behind closed doors.

1c. You seem to be implying that because there was no reputable reporting on the Mahomes contract ahead of time (there was), that we can't take a lack of Jones contract reporting too seriously. But even the best reporting isn't ironclad; it's intended to be used as a signpost for news followers to use in their own educated guesses.

1d. You know all of this! You literally cited reporting in this very thread on Clowney's contract offers from teams to help you draw conclusions about Clowney's future. Which is what normal humans do.

2a. There has been reporting on Jones. NFLN has reported the Chiefs have talked to him about contracts. NFLN and other sources have repeatedly reported that he has received no contract offers from us at any time. Louis Reddick said a couple days back that they're talking to Jones now. There has been some reporting that Covid19 kept us from making any negotiations with him -- which is reporting I don't buy, by the way (just to show that I don't take reporting mindlessly at face value).

2b. How do you know "there's nothing to report"? You literally told me we have no idea what's going on. There could be tons to report.

2c. You're of course saying there's nothing to report because you believe the reporting that we've seen (that you're now saying doesn't exist?): talks have been minimal, no contracts (at the very least prior to Pat's deal) have been offered. Jones is demanding $20m+ and the Chiefs probably want to keep him but they're struggling to square that circle.

2d. If you're arguing there's been nothing to report on Jones anyway, then you're agreeing with the initial premise I started with (that you had disagreed with) that there had been inaction with the Chiefs and Jones.

I think in your rush to keep hope alive and/or throw shade at me may have gotten your ideas all jumbled up, because these two sentences don't make a lot of logical sense, and they are factually incorrect.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.