View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 09:04 AM   #28017
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
It's a pretty backloaded contract. His average salary is only $30.6 million for the first 6 years. Pretty good chance that a typical "good" QB will be making north of $40M per year by the time Mahomes is actually paid in that neighborhood.

Chiefs are getting an awesome discount for the next 6 seasons. A fully developed, age 30-35 "prime" version of Mahomes at $45-50M salary is very likely a bargain compared to inferior QBs making similar money in the years 2025-2030. Plus I think there is a pretty good chance the back half of this contract will be torn up and restructured. So it's kind of a silly aspect of this contract to be honest.
I agree.

The critics aren’t going to see it for what it is, which is why they are morons. Comparing Mahomes’s hit to that of an average-good QB will tell the story of what we’re actually paying him. That difference is what we’re actually losing, because we have to have a QB. Mahomes will always MORE than make up for that difference.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.