View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 01:10 AM   #221
MFIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I love hockey shade on Twitter.

The Ottawa Senators franchise claims to have 11 Stanley Cup wins between 1903 and 1927. The problem is that was a different franchise.

I'm trying to think of a comparable, like Browns fans claiming a SB win when the Ravens won it the first year they left, but that doesn't quite hit what I was looking for...

At any rate, the Ottawa Senators:
- reside in a small shitty town, with no night life and is cold as a witches tit.
- have worst owner in the NHL, (Eugene Melnyk - look up the story behind his liver transplant)
- have the worst placed arena in the league
- can't sell tickets (in a Canadian market)

I get the envy, though. They're sandwiched between Toronto and Montreal.
People who grew up there had to pick between the 2, (before the new Senators franchise).
If you're French, you're a Canadians fan, English - Leafs fan. The only guy I know from Ottawa is a Canadians fan and he's French Canadian.

Winnipeg, is an innately worse market, due to the location and a low population, but it has a billionaire owner and a rabid fan base and has been successful.

The Sens won't get better until Melnyk's gone and they get a new arena.
Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.