View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 07:02 PM   #4925
Resident Glue Sniffer

I’ve had good luck with VWs. Had an 08 rabbit I bought for like 10k with I think 17k miles. Drove it for about 80k miles. Only issue was the mirror glass on the passenger side fell in when I was driving down the highway. Fell off about 80k miles.

Got a used 10 Jetta a few years back with 70k for 5k. Still driving it. Got about 128k on it. Got it from a dealer where that car had been in its maintence system since new. First was a lease, then traded in. 2nd owner had it for about 50k and traded it in. Then I got it. It had the 80k service dine when I bought it. I did the tranny flush at 100k. And just did plugs at 120k a month or so ago. Only thing other than that are regular oil changes and replaced the battery when I did the plugs. Odd though.....my passenger mirror glass started to come off right about 90k miles. I noticed it coming lose while driving, so I pulled over and removed it. Super glued it back on when I got home.

Wife had an 08beetle we bought new. It was a fun car, no issues. Other than a lot of road noise.

We rented a car last year to go to Branson for a weekend. It was a 18 Passat Wolfsburg edition. Man, it was super nice and a blast to drive. In fact, once I’m in the market again, I’m looking at a Passat or GTI.

Knock on wood....no issues with my VWs so far.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.