View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 10:26 AM   #3159
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I think we can all be pretty confident that if we played the 2018 season 100 times, the Newport Beach Neptunes would be the champions in about 85 of those.

The surprise for Newport was that our defense ended up tops in the league, which was what I was expecting given our draft focus, but the offense actually carried us for half the season while the defense was finding its rhythm. For the first half of the season, I feel like the offense was the more productive unit. Then at the end of the season the defense was rolling and the offense sputtered.
I need that draft in a big way.

I think I've focused in on a couple of serious problem areas and one thing I did in this league and the other was stagger contracts well and draft mostly young players (though I took over 4 or 5 rounds in so a couple of picks were made that I'd have never gone with).

Obviously everyone's in the same boat there, though. But I left myself no FA rollover precisely because I intended to keep the roster mostly intact for 3-4 years and supplement with draft picks. I gotta get those right.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.