View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 09:38 AM   #66
Time Keeps On Slipping

That is a lot of cash going into an SSD that's not super great.

What I like to do is get a smaller size SSD for your executables and a large capacity HDD for media.

I would suggest you get an M.2 SSD for your Windows and games.

And then get a few TB in HDD for your media files.

So your updated list would like this and save you $100:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/66xsQq

You can then wait for a good deal and get another SSD whenever you see a good sale. Same thing with more HDDs if you need another 4TB or whatever down the line. The 500GB EVO 970 will be plenty for your windows and a few games. If you want a larger library of games just downloaded and sitting on your drives, 500GB may not be enough.

I currently have these and feel like it's more than enough for my needs:
  • 250 GB M.2 Samsung EVO 970 SSD
  • 240 GB SanDisk Pro SSD
  • 1 TB ADATA XPG M.2 SSD
  • 2 TB HDD for media

I didn't get all of those at the same time. I started this build with the EVO 970 and 2 TB HDD. Then I recycled the ancient SanDisk from an old build and then bought the 1TB XPG on a sale.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.