View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 02:45 PM   #5573
Wasted away again...

Lessons can certainly help, but you need to find the right instructor and be able to "connect" with them. Here's an example:

I've been fighting my irons for a looong time. Generally, I just can't even get them airborne. I shank them, hit 'em fat, top them, you name it. I had no confidence whatsoever, especially on par 3 tee boxes.

I took a series of lessons from Chris Cone (David Cone's brother) a couple of years ago. He got me hitting well during the lesson but it didn't translate to the course. I just never really connected with him.

Last year I bought another package of five 1 hour lessons with a different instructor. I could tell immediately I connected with him better. He was able to explain my swing in a way that made sense to me and I could "feel" the changes in my swing. It didn't immediately improve my game on the course, but I kept practicing the things he taught me. Saturday I had probably one of the best rounds I've ever had, especially with regard to my iron play. I hit one really bad iron shot (shanked). The rest were a mix of really good to "almost there". Here are two examples of shots that I never make.

#1 - I've been struggling with my usually reliable driver. I slice my drive on the first hole into the rough and left a pretty long approach of nearly 180 yards. I figured I'd hit the 4i and hopefully get it close. I smoked the damn thing and ended up on the green. Of course, I three putted it.

#2 - A fairly short hole on #13 and I again sliced it badly and was 170+ yards out with the ball sitting down in some thick clover. Pulled the 4i again and put it on the front of the green. I got it down in two for the par this time.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.