View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 05:45 AM   #206
MFIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushead2 View Post
I think it's mostly to eliminate the "what if?" from this shortened season.

There were a few teams that were super hot right before the stoppage (off the top my head Rangers, Hawks & Wild) and there were teams that were falling quickly (off the top of my head Islanders & Canucks), so it gives "on the cusp" teams a fair shot to make it without hearing players, coaches, GMs & owners crying about how they never got the chance to fight for a playoff spot.

I believe the "top 4" from each conference was something that the NHLPA, owners and NHL were willing agree on as the set teams.
Yeah, I've heard the top four teams get byes, but they'll play each other, while the best of 5 tournaments occur. (somehow?)

It's the bracket vs. seeded part I don't get.

You'll definitely have upsets in the 24 team tournament. How is that fair to Boston if they have to play the winner of 4 vs. 5 as opposed to the lowest seed that won in their division/conference?
Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.