Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 04:49 PM   #520
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowener View Post
What is your opinion on the casting of Dawson? Was it for name recognition alone? Is it because RD has shown she can do some action on screen?
I, like other Star Wars fans, would have liked to have seen Ashley Eckstein get the role because she's not only the voice of Ahsoka, she also performs as Ahsoka through Motion Capture technology. So her facial expressions, gestures, walk, lightsaber fighting and movements are all hers.

But with that said, I'm sure that Dave Filoni would have hired her if he felt she was the best person to portray Ahsoka in a Live-Action setting and since he's done an absolutely amazing and wonderful job with The Clone Wars, Rebels and now The Mandalorian, I'm more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to casting.

Rosario Dawson is a damn fine actress and I'm sure she'll be excellent in the role. I'm also sure that people like me will "get over it" as soon as we see her performance onscreen.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.