View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 01:45 PM   #501
In Search of a Life

Posting this in case it might help anyone.

I peppered my friend who got covid, along with her roomie with benefits, with questions:

She thinks she got it on a “day of shopping” which included a very crowded Target store where the checkout line was 30 minutes (just WHY?), an empty Dollar General store and grabbing a slice at a pizza place. They also got takeout a few times around the same time.

Her first symptom was loss of taste and smell, which occurred about 7 days later - then descending into coughing and the other normal ones.

However, she did have “allergies” that week, but then they cleared up for a couple days before the lost of taste. I asked her if maybe the allergies could have actually been covid and she said yeah, maybe. The intermission where you feel fine for a couple days seems pretty common - and could be leading a lot of people to think their early mild symptoms were allergies or something else.

The roommate got symptoms a few days later and got whalloped. Says he saw his dead relatives one night. Supposedly he was asymptomatic before getting hit too, but I wasn’t able to press him on if he felt anything off at all in that week. She says he didn’t report anything and he was joking around being scared of her when she felt sick.

Another possible source of infection is the roomie “hugged” a friend in the street, then went to “play at a studio”. But that was two weeks before. They asked and the friend nor anyone at the studio got sick. So as dumb as that was, it seems unlikely as the source.

Weirdly she said the roommate is getting her symptoms in reverse. He just lost his sense of taste and smell after the worst of it was over.

I wonder if it could be something like the difference between her getting a small viral load that starts in the mucus membranes and eventually gets to the lungs, by say touching her face at target vs. him breathing in her droplets and it starting straight away in the lungs. I bet the order of symptoms has to mean something but we need smart people who actually know stuff.

Assuming the roommate isn’t out getting some strange, I guess a really crowded Target where you’re stuck in line for 30 minutes seems the most likely. Clearly these are not the most careful people - so I could totally see her getting it from touching a surface, touching her face, not bothering to wash her hands, etc.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.