View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 03:49 PM   #14975
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Doing my first ever crab and shrimp boil Friday... king crab legs, jumbo shrimp, lemon, red taters, corn, onion and sausage using Zatarains crab boil mix

Is it as good as it looks, does the boil mix really impart a ton of flavor?
Not on most elements of it, no.

But I always throw a couple links of andouille sausage in there as well and that stuff soaks that zatarains/old bay right up and tastes incredible. I highly recommend it. The shrimp will pick it up alright as well.

Remember to order your cook appropriately. I think I'll probably skip the potatoes next time - I just don't get much out of them and that's always what I end up having a ton of leftovers of. I've used the little butter-buds a before and those are a little better, but boiled potatoes just kinda suck so next time I'll just toss more corn in (and put it in towards the end so it stays firm).

Damn I wish I could get crawfish up here without paying steak prices for 'em.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.