Thread: Chiefs Chiefs sign Taco Charlton
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 11:26 PM   #154
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Don't you think if the Chiefs like Demone Harris and he's worth keeping, they'll find a way to keep him?

If he plays better than Taco Charlton, why wouldn't they keep Harris over Charlton? If Danna is as big of a piece of shit as you think he is and Harris is great, why would they practice squad Harris?

Yes, great players on great teams get cut before the regular season all the time. It's also true that guys whose roster spots were thought to be safe get taken by random training camp invites who just simply played better or showed more potential. It happens all the time. Very rarely do you see coaches (particularly on this staff) go, "We think we have a better chance of winning games if we keep Player X over Player Y, but we DID spend a draft pick on Player Y, sooo.... let's hope Player X makes it through to our practice squad!"
I think Charlton is farther along with his passrush repertoire than Harris is, so I think he’s higher on the totem pole.

If Danna is as underwhelming as I think he is, I still think they cut/trade/squad Harris to make room for him. An NFL roster is not a pure meritocracy— often times teams will keep a draft pick on a roster because he’s a draft pick.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.