View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 04:51 PM   #2879
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I think Watson might be just slightly overrated from looking at his stat sheet. There’s almost an Elway quality where he’ll take 6 sacks and throw 2 INT’s but then play hero ball in the 4th and come from behind and win with the Texans. I think he’s a good quarterback who delivers in clutch moments, but I don’t think he’s a true rival to Mahomes - which he would be if he was in the Top 5. These are Watson’s 2019 stats:

Passing Yards: 3,852 (13th)
YPA: 7.8 (12th)
AYPA: 7.7 (11th)
YPG: 256.8 (11th)
Rating: 98.0 (11th)
TD% 5.3 (9th)

The only stat Watson where Watson is in the Top 5 is Completion percentage. Where he ranked 5th at 67.3%. But we know all about that statistic, as this statistic is the only one where Alex Smith’s 2016 & 2017 have been superior to Mahomes. As we’ve seen, Mahomes’ Comp % takes hits because of his willingness to throw it away (over taking the sack) and taking shots down field, while Alex often took the sack. .

Watson is a good QB. But he’s the difference between him and a Top 5 is the exact same difference between him and the middle of the pack. If Watson keeps taking sacks at this level, I don’t know how long his play will be sustainable anyway.
Any chance last season was an outlier? What were his stats from 2017 to now?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.